Re: Import question

From: Burton Peltier <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:40:18 -0500

--
"Burton Peltier" <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> I do this all the time . I like to use parameter files and simple Bourne
> scripts. See below...
>
> $ cat run_import_tables.sh
> #!/bin/sh
> #
>
> rm -fr /tmp/named.pipe.for_import_tables
> rm -fr run_imp.out1
> rm -fr imp_tables.log
>
> /etc/mknod /tmp/named.pipe.for_import_tables p
>
> imp parfile=imp_tables.par > run_imp.out1 2>&1 &
>
> uncompress -c < link_to_export_compressed_file >
> /tmp/named.pipe.for_import_tables
Not sure why this post broke up the previous 1 line into 2 lines. The above 2 lines would not work the way it is listed. The previous 2 lines need to be on the same line of Bourne script .

> exit
> .
> .
> .
>
> $ cat imp_tables.par
> userid=system/xxxxxxxx
> file=/tmp/named.pipe.for_import_tables
> show=n
> ignore=y
> grants=y
> indexes=y
> rows=y
> log=imp_tables.log
> destroy=n
> full=n
> fromuser=WHATEVER
> touser=WHATEVER
> tables=(MY_TABLE)
> commit=y
> buffer=2097152
This list has been tweaked several times over the years and some of these you might want different. For example, you might not need the same buffer (or the default buffer might be ok).