Re: Where is the object (DBLINK) suffix come from?

From: Quarkman <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:25:00 +1000

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:09:24 GMT, Jack Wang <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote:

> set global_names = false in init.ora
>
> "Kin Ng" <kin_ng5_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> When I created a DBLINK, I got US.ORACLE.COM attached to the end of
>> the dblink name. Where is this suffix come from and how can I get rid
>> of it?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

And the consequences of doing this would be....??

Why don't you try and help the guy actually resolve the issue (which is a global database name error) rather than come up with whizz-kid quick-fixes which cause untold problems later down the line??

To the original poster: look in the documentation, or on google archives, as to how you rename your global database name. You didn't specify one when you created the database, and Oracle has thoughtfully provided a default.

~QM Received on Thu Jul 24 2003 - 23:25:00 CDT