Re: Using Crystal Reports to call an Oracle package?

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:41:08 +0200

Yvonne G wrote:
> I'm getting an "Error in compling SQL Expression: syntax error found
> here",
> when calling an Oracle package using Crystal Reports, which I believe
> is
> just Crystal saying it can't read the package.

[...]
> Code is as follows:
>
> SELECT
> classname class,rpad(description, 43, ' ') description,
> SFC.RADIX.TO_BIN(ABS(CLASS.FLAGDISPLAY))
> FROM class

[...]

Hello Yvonne,
Crystal likes to interpret SQLs itself before sending it to Oracle. Maybe you could hide the call of the packaged function in a view so that Crystal sees just plain SQL which it can handle.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | la_at_oktagramm.de
Hauptstr. 26            | la_at_heptagramm.de