Re: read consistency question

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: 23 Jul 2003 17:47:19 GMT

Already tried it. It produces an ora-08177 error if you try to do DML (i.e. the delete) on a table that another session has changed since your transaction began.

Also tried encapsulating the insert and delete between a begin/end pair thinking that it might treat the anonymous pl/sql as a single statement. That didn't work either. It yielded the same results as if they were run as two separate statements. --
Chuck