OS_AUTHENT + LDAP

From: Markus Schmidt <markus_at_the-schmidts.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:23:25 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem using external user authentification/roles.

I created users in my Oracle 9iR2 on Linux (SLES-8) - all of them
"identified externally".

Then I created some roles.
I set the init-parameters:
OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX=""
REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT=true
OS_ROLES=true
REMOTE_OS_ROLES=true
(yes - I restarted the database)

The users are managed in OpenLDAP. The roles were also created (like
"ORA_SID_MYROLE_D").

All users on my Linux-box (and additionally on every Windows-Box over Samba) are able to connect to the OS, they are authenticated against LDAP, there are no entries in /etc/passwd or /etc/group for these LDAP-managed-users.
"whoami" and "groups" show the correct entries (identical to those in
LDAP) after the users log in.
But now the problem:
If I connect to the database I get an ORA-3113. I tried 8i-clients and 9i-clients, the result is always the same. If I turn off OS_ROLE/REMOTE_OS_ROLES the User can log in.

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks,

Markus Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 11:23:25 CDT