Re: Migrate 200 Million of rows

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:22:29 +0300

Hi!

There is no such thing as direct patch import. Sql*loader can load data in database directly, but not import.

Also, definitely DO use database link to load your data. Database links can very well be used for transferring large amounts of data. I've migrated even TB sized databases that way. With spool you'll just make your life harder, plus you need to have this additional storage somewhere, plus you generate additional IO when writing to and reading from flat file (with a small exception of using SAN transfer, or rsh and pipes). I'd say that sqlplus spool command is not meant for big data unloading, it's slow in that sense.

If you're transferring between windows server you might want to use named pipes protocol for database link, it should be faster than TCP.

Tanel.