Re: SAN's, snapshots and online backups questions...

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:05:02 +0200

Bruno Jargot <see_at_reply.to.invalid> schreef in berichtnieuws i7rghvchh5ba0okkgrmjjhjejd3anmgoea_at_4ax.com...
| On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:19:54 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Nichols wrote:
|
| - Backup (and restore) can be done with the SAN (lan free backup) very
| quickly.
|
| SAN can be expensive but the gain is real. Better availability can be
| reached.
|
| For the backup scripts, I've just developped a script for umounting
| filesystems from the backup server, mounting filesystems onthe backup
| server, and launch the copy. The Oracle backup scripts were almost
| unchanged.
|
| My 2 cents,

Very interesting. We are talking about something similar but our Unix system managers say it is not very easy to mount disks from the SAN on another server. We have a Compaq SAN (I think) and servers running HP-UX 11. What software are you using to be able to do all this you describe? What platform? Received on Sat Jul 19 2003 - 03:05:02 CDT