Re: Oracle 9iAS infrastructure installation problem

From: Ashish Awasthi <awasthi_at_brickred.com>
Date: 17 Jul 2003 01:38:34 -0700

pheonix1t <pheonix1t898oi_at_iliiearthilink.eionet> wrote in message news:<3F156AC5.8030702_at_iliiearthilink.eionet>...
> Ashish Awasthi wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I am installing oracle 9i infrastructure on my new windows 2000 box
> > with 1GB RAM and no oracle product preinstalled. in the end of
> > installation process, some processes fail:
> >
> > infrastructure instance configuration assistant
> > oracle 9i application server randomize password
> > single sign on config assistance
> > infrastructure mod-osso config assistance
> > OPMN config assistance
> >
> > log file says:
> >
> > Configuration failed for IAS
> > IAS Instance creation failed
> > Configuration failed for JAZN
> > JAZN configuration failed: unable to establish a directory context.
> > Configuration succeeded for IASProperty
> > Configuration failed for IAS
> > Configuration failed for JAZN
> >
> > and then SSO etc services dont start. can somebody please tell me how
> > to fix this.
> >
> > ashish
> did you read the docs? you don't mention anything about dns...this is
> required....please give more details....also, please tell us if you read
> the docs, reading the docs before installing this is critical.

i have read all the installation docs. it says, "Verify that your system's network configuration has the correct host name file configuration". i am in a fully qualified domain and configurations are properly done.
I have tried different options in installation too. errors are the same always.
ashish Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 03:38:34 CDT