Re: anyway to commit/rollback for another session?

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:40:23 GMT

On 16 Jul 2003 06:22:55 -0700, Mark.Powell_at_eds.com (Mark D Powell) wrote:

>Net, I am sorry my original reply was not clear. You said in your
>original post that the code was changed. I was basically asking if
>you verified that the changed code was moved into production and
>distributed to the user so that it, rather than the original problem
>code is what is running. Assuming the changed code was placed into
>use then have you verified the lock holding sessions are not abandoned
>(runaway) sessions that should be killed anyway? Have you also
>verified the source of these statements are not additional
>programs/pieces of code that also require modification?
>
>There is no way to commit or rollback session X from another session.

Yeah, code definetely moved into production. See my reply to Daniel Morgan that displays the existence of TX lock in sqlplus.

btw, there is also a metalink doc discussing this: http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=74811.1

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Jul 16 2003 - 11:40:23 CDT