Re: Inconsistent SELECT results

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:17:33 GMT

Let me guess you are using the array interface in OCI and fetching 10 or 11 rows at a time. So count(1) works because it tells you that the row count is 910 rows and it only has 1 row. The other query is returning those rows but you are probably just fetching 1 time and since you are probably using the array interface and have it defined for 11 rows you are getting the 1st 11 rows of the result set. (The array is probably defined as x[10] which means 11 elements since in C arrays start at 0.) Jim