Re: DBMS_RLS: Fine-Grained Access Control - Table name substitution

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 9 Jul 2003 16:57:03 -0700

"Bepy" <ramengo_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<behikb$i57$1_at_lacerta.tiscalinet.it>...

> The predicate is in the form of WHERE clause so you only can add filter to
> controlled object.

Yes.

> Is there a way to substitute the object name ?

Not directly, no. Can be simulated with some tricky SQL but I wouldn't bother, quite frankly. Read on.

> I need to deviate table selection into another table based on user access...

What's wrong with each user having its own synonym pointing to appropriate table?
Fine-grained access is intended to control security across rows of a table. Not for controlling security across multiple tables. It won't work easy for what you want. May I suggest you look at synonyms or some other way? Perheaps INSTEAD OF triggers or something like that?

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Jul 09 2003 - 18:57:03 CDT