Can I use Aggregate Functions and convertion function togather?

From: Carfield Yim <carfield_at_carfield.com.hk>
Date: 4 Jul 2003 03:57:16 -0700

Hi, I've a column which the datatype is varchar, but all data store there is real number (I know that this is schema design problem, but I can't change that)

Now I need to select the average of all record of that column, group by some other criteria, I would like to know can I use convertion function inside an aggregate function? Is this operation portable? Received on Fri Jul 04 2003 - 05:57:16 CDT