What *really* happens at ALTER TBSP END BKP ?

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2003 12:10:41 -0700

Hi,
When you put a tbsp in bkp mode, to copy its datafiles during a hot bkp, Oracle writes anything that should be written on them in the redo log files: is that all ? Are the rollback segments not written during the bkp mode duration ? And what happens when it comes to the RBS tbsp ?
And last but not least: once you've taken your tbsp back to normal online mode (ALTER TBSP .. END BKP), I guess Oracle updates this tbsp's datafiles right away, doesn't it ? How is this very step performed ?

I found no clear-cut explanation in the doc., hence my question... Thanks !
Spendius Received on Thu Jul 03 2003 - 14:10:41 CDT