Re: Unix to Windows DBA translation

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2003 11:06:29 -0700

Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> wrote in message news:<3F02D90A.C74F6FE0_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>...
> Oracle Press had a book called Oracle NT Handbook by Velpuri & Adkoli. I
> see that it is out of print now, but you can still get a copy on
> amazon.com. Also, amazon.com has a couple of other hits on books for
> Oracle on the Windows platform.
>
> HTH,
> Brian

You can't possibly still be using MS WinNT4, could you? It was supposed to have been de-supported by now, but the postponed that.
Security fixes for NT4 are no longer guaranteed to be produced in a timely fashion.

You'll find this to be much more useful on W2K:

Oracle 9i for Windows 2000 Tips and Techniques Jesse, Hart & Sale.
ISBN 0-07-219462-6 Keep it handy -

here is a reprint of a reader review from Bookpool:

Jun 14, 2002 K Vainstein (vainstein_at_acm.org) must-have for Oracle 9i on W2K
This book is essential. It covers Windows-specific command-line utilties (say, oradim), like nothing else does. It's written by the best techs in Oracle Windows support (and if you file a TAR, you'll most likely not get the best tech!). ... Are you an O'Reilly freak, and disdain Oracle Press "bricks"? Get this one anyway. Are you an Oracle-on-UNIX master, and believe Windows can only be easier? Get this one anyway.

Pd