Re: how to query between 2 remote databases

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:04:47 -0500

The oracle error details are:

ORA-00933 SQL command not properly ended

Cause: The SQL statement ends with an inappropriate clause. For example, an ORDER BY clause may have been included in a CREATE VIEW or INSERT statement. ORDER BY cannot be used to create an ordered view or to insert in a certain order. Also, an improper SQL ending occurs if IN clause is used with only one argument (IN(X), for example). An IN clause must have two or more arguments.

Action: Correct the syntax by removing the inappropriate clauses. It may be possible to duplicate the removed clause with another SQL statement. For example, to order the rows of a view, do so when querying the view and not when creating it. This error can also occur in SQL*Forms applications if a continuation line is indented. Check for indented lines and delete these spaces.

I suspect it is in the use of the user/pass combo with the database link name.. Try recreating the links with the usual
create database link link_name1 ( depends on global_name setting on remote database) connect to user identified by pass using 'db1.world' ( assumes tnsnames.ora entry by that name)

create database link link_name2 ( depends on global_name setting on remote database) connect to user identified by pass using 'db2.world' ( assumes tnsnames.ora entry by that name)

Then:
select * from
tbl1_at_link_name1 a,tb2_at_link_name2 b
where a.col1 = b.col1;

should work..

BTW, what Oracle version ( it can make a difference)