Help:RAC and single instance standby database

From: cs charlie <cfs3526(no_spam)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 15:14:04 GMT

I have finish to make a single standby database from RAC using RMAN, thanks for the help from this group.

But at primary site, after I shut down the 2nd instance, I issued SQL>alter database commit to switchover to standby; ERROR at line1:
ORA16014: log 4 sequence 17 not archived, no availabel destinations ORA-00312 online log thread 2: '/dev/raw/ora_redo04'

Aparantly it is because instance 2 was shutdown, oracle does not know where to archive the logfile belonging to thread2.

I was trying to drop the logfile,
SQL> alter database drop logfile group 4 ERROR line 1:
ORA 01623: log 4 is curren t log for thread2, can not drop.

then I was trying to disable thread 2, and drop the logfile again, I still got the same error.

Could somebody help me? Received on Fri Dec 27 2002 - 09:14:04 CST