Problem while inserting data using sqlldr utility.

From: Shravana Kumar <kumar.shravana_at_blr.spcnl.co.in>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 00:52:31 +0530

Hi All,

I am trying to insert bulk of data into a table using SQL*Loader utility. But the data is not properly getting inserted. Any ideas are helpful ..!

We are using oracle 9.2.0 on solaris 8 and i follow this way.

sqlldr scott/tiger control=loader.ctl

The loader.ctl file contains the following lines.

        load data
          infile 'c:\data\mydata.csv'
          fields terminated by "," optionally enclosed by '"'
          into table emp ( empno, empname, sal, deptno )

The mydata.csv file may look like this:

 10001,"Scott Tiger", 1000, 40
 10002,"Frank Naude", 500, 20

The result looks like this.

    SQL> select * from emp;

     EMPNO EMPNAME                     SAL     DEPTNO
         1         0                                         0
0
         1         0                                         0
0

Best Regards,
ShravanaKumar. Received on Thu Dec 26 2002 - 13:22:31 CST