Re: Redo Log Question

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 23 Dec 2002 22:16:55 -0600

On 23 Dec 2002, burtpelt_at_bellsouth.net wrote:

> Just because you aren't face-to-face, you think you can insult anyone?

Okay, walk into a large Oracle users forum and offer up incorrect advice. Then, start crying that people are insulting you when others in that forum shoot your advice down. What do you think the people in that room are going to think of you? Well, that is what's happening in this forum, and this is a true professional forum (which seemed to have been lost on you). If you were to get off your "I'm a 10 year DBA and I have loads of real-world experience and you can't possibly know anything about real Oracle administration" high horse you might find out how little you know by finding out how much you can learn from some of the best in the world.

So what your thoughts just got shot down? Consider it an opportunity to regroup and learn what you've been doing incorrectly up until now. You obviously have been working in Oracle for awhile. Why not get better at it?

> You don't sound like you work too well in this environment.

You don't sound like you've ever had to defend your technical decisions in front of anybody skilled at Oracle administration.

--
Galen deForest Boyer