Trivial sqlplus questions

From: CoolDude <nospam_at_nospam.it>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 20:06:35 GMT

My environment is Oracle 9i + Redhat, both client(sqlplus) and server are on the same machine. Here are my observations: 1. "help" not always available.

    If the database instance is not started yet, launch sqlplus "/ as sysdba", a "help desc" will report "help not available". Seems to me that sqlplus help is stored in the instance?

2. On linux bash shell, "CTRL-Z" can normally pause a process and return   to shell prompt. But it doesn't seems to have any effect on sqlplus. Any idea/solution?

Thanks,
-cd Received on Sat Dec 21 2002 - 14:06:35 CST