mapping segments to sessions

From: clueless <ro_cright_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:54:43 GMT

I am trying to trace segment growth in the temp tablespace back to a specific session. The tablespace will grow rapidly (40Gb) without warning. I have identified the segment names that are causing the growth (sys.4.2, sys.5.153602,etc.) but I am unable to map that back to a specific session id.

Is there a way of mapping the segment name back to a specific user/process id?

I have looked at several of the segment views and cannot determine the path to get me back to a specific user/session id.

Clueless. Received on Tue Dec 17 2002 - 11:54:43 CST