"log on as" W2K server, Oracle 9i

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 16 Dec 2002 17:06:20 -0600

I'm trying to set up Oracle to access UNC drives.

Everytime I try to modify the "log on as" property of the Oracle service within the services panel to be a user within our domain and then restart Oracle, I get

  ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server

             process

I've tried setting the "log on as" property for this service as well, but the books don't say I need to do this. Setting this property back to local system account makes everything just hunky-dory.

What windows authentication knowledge am I missing?

--
Galen Boyer