large number of records in query (orcale 8i)

From: chauhan <parvez.chauhan_at_am-beo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:19:07 -0000

Hi all,
At the moment in our server ( written in java) we cache all records of a query from database (Oracle8i) and we manipulate them as per client requirement.

Now we have a problem i.e. records have grown too high( millions ) and sometimes query results in retrieval of millions of records. It results in too much memory consumtion in our server. What is the best way to address this issue? If we use oracle cursor .. can I move back and forwrd in cursor and also all records will be cached in oracle memory area and I think it will still result in memory consumtion as both servers (our server and oracle) are on same machine.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Parvez Received on Mon Dec 16 2002 - 13:19:07 CST