how do you deal with file permissions?

From: Terry Mu <terry_mu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:19:38 GMT

I have some problems with files, like alert_sid.log,

it is owned by oracle:dba, I'm a member of dba group, but I can't modiy or delete alert file by default.
If I change ownership of the file or bdump directory, sometimes I delete and create the file again, if I dont chown for it, then Oracle has problem to write into it.

There are some other files like this, what's your solution?

Thanks Received on Mon Dec 16 2002 - 10:19:38 CST