Re: ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated. Disconnection forced

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijnREMOVE_at_THISzhew.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:26:03 +0100

Found the following quote in a thread on Oracle's Metalink from Helen Schoone of Oracle:

<quote>
Hi. The problem is the line:

DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp

You have not specified a file specification for the tempfile and the DB_CREATE_FILE_DEST is not set. From Chapter 3 in the Oracle9i Administrators guide under the section titled: Creating Oracle-Managed Files -> Creating Tempfiles for Temporary Tablespaces:

"When creating a temporary tablespace the TEMPFILE clause is optional. If you include the TEMPFILE clause, then the filename is optional. If the TEMPFILE clause or filename is not provided, then the following rules apply:

If the DB_CREATE_FILE_DEST initialization parameter is specified, then an Oracle-managed tempfile is created in the location specified by the parameter.

If the DB_CREATE_FILE_DEST initialization parameter is not specified, then the statement creating the tempfile fails."

I believe you are following the example in the SQL Reference Manual which is not clear on the requirement for the need to have one of those init.ora parameters set in order to use that syntax.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Helen
Oracle Support Services
</quote>

Hope this helps,

Peter

"Shravana Kumar" <kumar.shravana_at_blr.spcnl.co.in> schreef in bericht news:3DF98ACF.B3A62E47_at_blr.spcnl.co.in...
> The following is taken from the alert log.
>
> Successfully onlined Undo Tablespace 1.
> Completed: CREATE UNDO TABLESPACE UNDOTBS DATAFILE '/export/
> Fri Dec 13 02:09:10 2002
> Errors in file

/export/home/oracle/admin/SAMPLE/udump/sample_ora_20412.trc:
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-02236: invalid file name
> Fri Dec 13 02:09:10 2002
> Errors in file

/export/home/oracle/admin/SAMPLE/udump/sample_ora_20412.trc:
> ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE failed
> ORA-01519: error while processing file '?/rdbms/admin/sql.bsq' near line
5298
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-02236: invalid file name
> Error 1519 happened during db open, shutting down database
> USER: terminating instance due to error 1519
> Fri Dec 13 02:09:10 2002
> Errors in file

/export/home/oracle/admin/SAMPLE/bdump/sample_lgwr_20403.trc: