Re: Managed Standby Database Again

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 11:39:04 -0800

"bgt0990" <btighe_at_neometrics.com> wrote in message news:<3df1f140$1_1_at_corp-goliath.newsgroups.com>...
> Thanks, I missed the standby_arch_dest parameter it was throwing the logs
> into the default \ORA81\RDBMS directory. DUH!

Kudos to Oracle for defaults decent enough to make it work.

> And I got the metalink you pointed me to, I hadn't seen that one before.

metalink can be kinda strange, sometimes you just have to search for the same thing in slightly different ways, some things come and go. Sometimes the older things are explained better. There have been several notes related to standbys, mostly quite useful.

jg

--
@home is bogus.
"Fades out in the middle, the way an eight-track oughta" - Rugburns