Oracle 9i 32 bit Vs 64 bit on Solaris 8

From: David Marshall <dmarshal_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 06:40:55 +1100

Hi,

I'm in the process of implementing 9i2 databases, agents and OMS on Solaris 8 and want to know if anyone has opinions regarding the 64 bit V 32 bit issue.

I've found the 64 bit agent and OMS a bit unstable (the agent memory leak is supposedly fixed in patchset 1) but haven't tested the 32 bit equivalents yet.

So far the 64 and 32 bit databases have been stable.

The huge SGA support in 64 bit is not an issue.

Resource consumption is an issue (one of the machines has only 512 Meg RAM and 2*250 Mhz processors).

Thanks for any information or advice.

David Marshall

dmarshal_at_ozemail.com.au Received on Mon Dec 09 2002 - 13:40:55 CST