Re: RAC on Linux

From: PdV <piet.de.visser_at_cmg.com>
Date: 5 Dec 2002 22:48:43 -0800

Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message > >1. would it be allowed to move ORACLE_HOME to the cluster-disk ?
> > thus allow multiple nodes to use the same, physical, software.
> > I know this is possible on openVMS and Tru64, and like the concept
> >very much.
>
> From what I understand without actually installing it, yes this is possible.

Thanks Pete, will try this if time.
Single ORACLE_HOME will be great admin-simplifier when installing multi-node cluster!

> >2. Is is possible to run two nodes from a single init-file,
> > linking initINST<nr>.ora, using include-file to point to a single
> > initDB.ora file. and then specify parameters as :
> ><instance>.<parameter> = Value, e.g. INST1.sort_area_size = 1000000
>
> Check out SPFILE's. This is exactly what can be done with them.

But I want to avoid SPFILES for the moment. This dino wants to control his own startup parameters in an INI file. Have generated ini-from-sp on Tru64 and found the simplified syntax in it.
Looking for way to bounce around between SP and INI file, want best of all worlds:

Current alternative would be : link all INST<n>ini.ora into one directory (will be more simple if I have a single oracle-home). Use an include-file
with all the common parameters in it and use INST<n>.ora for instance specific parameters.

Your thoughts are welcome! Received on Fri Dec 06 2002 - 00:48:43 CST