Error while trying to call a stored procedure from inside another stored procedure.

From: gamaz <gamaz_at_eathlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 21:40:56 GMT

Hi,
I have written a stored procedure which compiles and executes fine on its own. Now I need to
run this stored procedure n times while n is being a supplied value. This second stored procedure I created is basically executing a loop and the number of times
of execution is the number supplied to this stored procedure. This stored procedure calls the
first stored procedure. However, this cannot execute the first procedure (it seems to me) and it
gives an error.
Any help/advise is appreciated in advance. I am attaching the source as well as error code. I also
made sure that the first procedure can be executed manually and it does.

SQL> create procedure loop_execute (loop_num in number)   2 AS
  3 BEGIN
  4 DECLARE i number;
  5 BEGIN
  6
  7 WHILE i <= loop_num
  8 LOOP
  9 EXECUTE proc_test5;
 10 END Loop;
 11 END;
 12 END;
 13 /

Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

SQL> show errors
Errors for PROCEDURE LOOP_EXECUTE:

LINE/COL ERROR

9/11     PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "PROC_TEST5" when expecting one
         of the following:
         := . ( @ % ; immediate
         The symbol ":=" was substituted for "PROC_TEST5" to continue.

SQL> EXECUTE proc_test5;

SQL> Received on Tue Dec 03 2002 - 15:40:56 CST