creation of new database under RedHat Linux 7.3 problems

From: Faust A. Tanasescu <davoid_at_gentoo.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 19:49:42 -0400

Hello.

My goal is to create a database and add some users. Having problems with creating. Here's details.

I have just installed Oracle on a Redhat 7.3 system. The installation went well, except for the Database creation GUI that simply would not work, complaining that it can not connect to Oracle. SO I just exited the install.

I then started srvmgr and once I do connect SYSTEM and I supply the password, I receive error ORA-12545: Connection failed because target host or object does not exist.

What am I doing wrong? (new to Oracle)

I _have_ taken a look at all the manuals on otn.oracle.com, but I am unable to create a database.

Thank you for your time.
Davoid. Received on Sat Jun 29 2002 - 18:49:42 CDT