Re: Import bug

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:01:49 -0400

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3D1CC9B3.F289605E_at_exesolutions.com...

>but I will no longer respond to you
> and your postings no matter how sincere unless you apologize to Sybrand
for your
> uncalled for language. If you are looking for the problem ... try a
mirror.

The reason I responded to Sy the way I did was because of the insulting and condescending attitude of his reply. If he doesn't like being spoken to that way he shouldn't speak to others that way.

Sy quoted below...
"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:ph6phuclj4smkv9vj5mndrbppru7ev9n6e_at_4ax.com...
> Instead of sorting that out you immediately resort to gross and
> exaggerated statements. There are millions of people that *can* work
> with import without any problem. Doesn't that tell you anything?

Going back to yor message now...

> It is a normal database operation. It is not a special
> case.

Oh really? Not a specal case? Then how does the DBA doing the full import manage to grant permissions on objects he doesn't own if it's not a special case? Try doing that under normal cicumstances. It doesn't work does it? But it does work during an import, doesn't it? Withour such an exception to the norm you would never be able to restore a database from a full export. So much for a full import not being a special case. Even oracle considers it so or they wouldn't be bypassing normal restrictions when it comes to granting permissions.

> Quite frankly I've become weary of your little rant and your insulting
behavior.
> Others may choose to help you now and in the future (you really didn't
want any
> help did you ... you just wanted to whine)

Actually I was looking to see if anyone else felt this was a bug and to warn others that imp cannot be considered 100% reliable to restore a database from a full export. Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 16:01:49 CDT