Re: Memory management under Oracle 9i

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_nospam_at_singnet_nospam.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:06:15 +0800

I believe 0 is a valid value for JAVA_POOL_SIZE in 8.1.7 [I just set it to 0 on my Win2K install and V$PARAMETER shows 32768 as the java_pool_size !]
but not in 8.1.5. 8.1.5 errors out on the init.ora before starting the instance if JAVA_POOL_SIZE is explicitly set to 0.
Not sure if 9i allows JAVA_POOL_SIZE to be 0. I vaguely remember that it does not allow it to be set to 0.

However, I believe Frederic's 9i Instance is starting with an SPFILE instead of the init.ora
Frederic, you could update the SPFILE by using the command CREATE SPFILE '<filename>' FROM PFILE '<initorafilename>'; with the database shutdown and then restart the database.

Hemant Received on Thu Jun 27 2002 - 10:06:15 CDT