Re: Help! Oracle server clustering

From: <shrinad_at_ora-india.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 22:28:18 +0200

forget all the cluster shit !!!

go for standby database

easy and really unbreakable

put the server in different places, propagate the logfiles over network

this is the best solution, use the standby server for testing, reporting, make a second standby database with delayed log apply, copy a test database from the standby databases, make your backups on the standby

no serious shop should ever be without standby