Re: Book on OCP DBA 9i

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 05:38:09 +1000

This is going to be unpopular, but....

In 1992, I worked for a small software company in the south of the United Kindom. We charged 525 pounds sterling for two days training.

Doing the maths, that would have been 1050 pounds for four days. Or about AUS$3000. Ten years ago.

I think that puts Oracle's prices into perspective - currently, a 5-day DBA course costs about AUS$3000. The problem isn't the cost of the courses, I think, but more the fact that they last so long. And that's a direct consequence of the product being so functionally rich.

Incidentally, I'd want considerable overtime to run these things at night. That would make them even more expensive.

Regards
HJR "Ryan Gaffuri" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message news:1efdad5b.0206260846.5824b7ea_at_posting.google.com... > "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message news:<afah6h$4jb$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz>...

http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/index.html?dba9i_ocpcoursereq.