questions on ORacle parameter file

From: Joe Condle <condjp_at_chp.edu>
Date: 25 Jun 2002 10:36:17 -0700

I am refreshing an oracle test database in peoplesoft from the production database.

Will the following parameter table only export the sysadm tables.

OWNER=sysadm
COMPRESS=N
BUFFER=N
LOG=/u01/exp.log
FILE=/hrexp.dmp
BUFFER=65536 The first time I did this I used FULL=Y which got all the tables. Since I only need tables owned by sysadm I thought the above would be better. Also how do you determine the size of the buffer? I assume the import buffer size should match the export. If you want to use CONSISTENT=Y should you assign a roll back segment especially for the export?

Thanks in Advance
Joe Received on Tue Jun 25 2002 - 12:36:17 CDT