rollback segment too old

From: Pinto <ucanmailme_at_india.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:10:44 +0530

hello ,
I know this question has been posted in this forum a lot of times and i have read most of them from the archives but still can anybody help me out with this.

Most of the activities on our system are short queries and updates and there are no batch files doing doing huge updates/selects that are running.

initially i had 10 rollback segements with 512K of initial,next and 5M of optimal. and the statistics that i used to get from v$rollstat was this

   EXTENTS WRITES GETS WAITS OPTSIZE HWMSIZE SHRINKS WRAPS AVESHRINK

and i used to get the snapshot too old error

after this i changed the rollback segment parameters to intial 1M, next 1M, optimal 50M and minextent 20 maxextent 400 Isn't this supposed to reduce the wraps? but now i get these statistics from v$rollstat

   EXTENTS WRITES GETS WAITS OPTSIZE HWMSIZE SHRINKS WRAPS AVESHRINK

if you can see, the wraps have more than doubled. and as expected i am still getting ora-1555

what should i do for this.

warm regards,
Pinto. Received on Fri Jun 21 2002 - 00:40:44 CDT