9i, LMT should we use system managed or uniform size?

From: news.masbytes.es <s4v4g3_at_europe.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:14:10 +0200

Hi

In Oracle 9i should we use uniform size managed LMT or system managed? What I used to do in 8i is create several size tablespaces however this was enough during a new development but if I install for example Oracle Portal repository I can only choose one tablespace so I cannot use the usual strategy in this case unless I move them afterwards manually. Anyone tried system managed LMT, how good do the perform? I think it would be only choice if I have to install Portal for example to avoid manual management afterwards

Any opinions? Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 17:14:10 CDT