Re: converting dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.md5 result to "conventional" md5 result

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:34:28 +0400

MD5 is overloaded there and returns either 16-byte RAW or typecasted 16-byte varchar2 depending on type of input (raw for raw, varchar2 for varchar2). You need to use rawtohex() to receive hexadecimal representation of the raw value. Call it this way, for example:

SQL> var hash varchar2(32)
SQL> exec :hash := rawtohex(utl_raw.cast_to_raw(dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.md5(input_string => 'data')))

SQL> print hash

HASH

8D777F385D3DFEC8815D20F7496026DC