Oracle 9i Database Server and 9i Database 9i Developer Suite Forms Access Problem

From: Bill Kurani <bill_at_antrix.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2002 10:55:53 -0700

I have installed Enterprise Edition

  1. Oracle 9i Database under c:\software\oracle9i (everything works fine, I can access all features
  2. Oracle 9i Developer Suite e:\oracle9iDS

On the Oracle9i Developer Suite I click on Forms Developer and then on Forms Builder -> Tools --> Data Block Wizard
--> Table View --> Click on Browse. This pops up window with
User Name, Password, Database. I enter the correct values but get the error.

ERROR: ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor.

Are two installation different ? Should there be new listener services etc.

thanks - bill Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 12:55:53 CDT