Re: Data- and control files not updated after insert?!!

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:02:28 +0200

> Apparently you have enabled the win2k file system cache.
> I do know how to disable it on NT4, but regrettably I don't know how
> to disable it on win2k. That is the direction you need to search in,
> some other responses are not to be trusted.

Sybrand,

when reading files which are cached (or parts of them), shouldn't the OS point the reading process to the cache instead of reading from disk? So it shouldn't matter if the files are in cache or not (of course it matters if the machine shows a blue screen of death before flushing the cache).

Regards,

Knut Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 02:02:28 CDT