Re: recovery without control file and online redo log

From: Kenneth Koenraadt <no email>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:53:24 GMT

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:32:28 +0800, "xueyang" <xueyangy_at_singnet.com.sg> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I backuped our production db( all the dbf files), but i didn't backup the
>control file and online redo log. this db is running under noarchivelog
>mode.
>Now i try to restore this db on another server with this version of
>backup(all the dbf files , no control file and redo log file), and i met
>some problem.
>I can't startup the db due to no control file. when i tried to create
>control file, it told me no redo log file.
>Anyone has any idea about this? thanks in advance.
>
>Regards,

Hi,

You need to use the "resetlogs" option in the "create controlfile" command, like this :

STARTUP NOMOUNT
CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "K" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG     MAXLOGFILES 5
    MAXLOGMEMBERS 5
    MAXDATAFILES 100
    MAXINSTANCES 1
    MAXLOGHISTORY 113
 LOGFILE

  GROUP 1 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\K\REDO01.LOG'  SIZE 10M,
  GROUP 2 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\K\REDO02.LOG'  SIZE 10M,
  GROUP 3 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\K\REDO03.LOG'  SIZE 10M
  DATAFILE
  'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\K\SYSTEM01.DBF',
  'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\K\RBS01.DBF',
  'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\K\TOOLS01.DBF',
  'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\K\USERS01.DBF'

CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859P1;
ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS; Received on Tue Jun 18 2002 - 03:53:24 CDT