Re: Gaps in Sequence

From: Steven <steven.pannell_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 06:43:13 +0200

Thanks to all that responded.

After digging around at metalink I found out that Oracle stored the sequences in the SGA and thus after a period of non-use they get kicked out of the SGA and the result is you lose 20 or so numbers that have not been used. The solution can be to pin the sequence in the SGA, but for seqeunces that are not used very often just use NOCACHE.