Simple Space Question

From: Arthur <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 17 Jun 2002 12:31:42 -0700

Hello All,

Understanding space usage in an Oracle database is so hard. Maybe someone can help me out with this.

All of my tables are locally managed. Basically I am interested in seeing how much unused space is in each table / tablespace. I want to know if any of these objects have been 'over allocated' and are much larger than they need to be. If I need to move the HWM, can I do this without import/export or moving the table to another tablespace?

Also, I'd like to see how much space is left in each table / tablespace. This gives me an idea how close we are to needing to resize the object.

If you can send a copy of your response to my email, I'd appreciate it......

Thank you,

Arthur Received on Mon Jun 17 2002 - 14:31:42 CDT