Re: Strange behaviour when using parallel

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 20:48:04 +1000

Hi Joe,

Each of the processes in a parallel operation can be assigned to a different RBS. That's fine (advantages) as it reduces the load on just one poor RBS handling everything.

I'm not sure what you mean by it should only use the temp tablespace. The index is being created in the indx tablespace, this is where I would expect the new object to be created. The new index begins life as a temp segment but in this case indx tablespace is it's womb.

There should be no additional I/O per se with performing this in parallel (just I/O being performed in a hopefully parallel manner).

Cheers

Richard