Oracle 8i - Create database by non product owner (e.g. oracle)

From: Frankie Li <earthy_at_hkicable.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2002 03:09:38 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to create a database in AIX which is owned by user account other than "oracle".

I create a new user named "oratest" and add "oinstall" and "dba" group to this user. Then I logon this user and run dbassist.

When Oracle try to create the database, it prompts some errors liked "Cannot create database...".

In fact, I would like to know if any experts here have experience (about creating database owned by other users) can be shared?

Is Oracle formally support this? Or it requires user create all database through 'oracle'?

Thanks in advance.

Earthy Received on Mon Jun 17 2002 - 05:09:38 CDT