Re: Desperately having problem ora-23375 with 9i

From: Peter B. <chief.o.brien_at_spacemail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:38:29 +0200

Thanks a lot for your answer - you have no idea how desperate I am I've spent TWO weeks now cracking my head over this error-message.

I've posted both scripts I run in the last newsgroup entry (the second you've answered).
those are 2 scripts based on example scripts from oracle.

repprep.sql --- creates the repadmin and grants, as well as the dblinks repdef.sql --- sets the replication group and master site

the only things that have happened to the database since creation are: 1) execution of the "catrep.sql" script
2) I've changed/added values in the init{SID}.ora of each database according to those in the "initial steps to set up a multimaster replication" (the link you've sent - I've already received those files from oracle support, but yesterday I've checked those scripts and they don't differ from mine - at least not so that I could see something)

I ain't run anything else on the database.

I'll try those things you've suggested, but I'll also write here what I'm suspecting that it might be:
1) There might be a problem with the table I'm trying to replicate (although it's scott's EMP table - just like in the example) 2) in the script there's the line
"execute dbms_repcat.add_update_resolution" which produces an error. I couldn't find it in the "dbms_repcat" API documentation, so I wasn't able to check for correct syntax/semantic.
3) It's gotta be an error which is either VERY obvious - so I overlook it. OR it's something which is sooooo stupid that I wouldn't even think of changing it could make a difference.

Thank you in advance,
Peter B. Received on Sun Jun 16 2002 - 04:38:29 CDT