Re: Desperately having problem ora-23375 with 9i

From: Peter B. <chief.o.brien_at_spacemail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:22:41 +0200

----[ Providing details ]----
I'm running two databases on Oracle 9i enterprise on Linux Suse 7.3

those 2 databases were created using dbca and are based on the "data warehouse" template.
I've downloaded the example replication scripts "repprep.sql" and "repdef.sql" scripts from oracle and modified just the database names - since it accesses default tables from scott it should work, shouldn't it?

I've already run "catrep.sql" before I tried any further steps.

I've had oracle 9i installed from the enterprise CDs, but didn't install it as enterprise, because I didn't know that I was gonna need the advanced replication feature - which I desperately tried to post-install after I encountered an error which told me that the replication feature wasn't installed (in v$option it was set FALSE) - I had to reinstall the whole oracle package, because installing this package only didn't work at all.

I've already deleted and recreated both databases (always exactly identical) several times with different templates.

Here are the 2 scripts I try to run:

rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------
rem Filename: repprep.sql
rem Purpose: Setup users, DB Links and schedules for Oracle Advanced
rem             replication. Run this script on all replication sites.
rem             In this example replication is between sites redbull and
replica
rem Date:       03-Oct-2000
rem Author:     Frank Naude (frank_at_ibi.co.za)
rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------

set pages 50000
spool repprep

connect sys/change_on_install_at_redbull as sysdba

REM -- @?/rdbms/admin/catrep.sql

REM Check if INIT.ORA parameters are OK for replication select name, value from sys.v_$parameter where name in ('job_queue_processes', 'job_queue_interval',

                'global_name')

REM Assign global name to the current DB alter database rename global_name to redbull; -- Change to your DB name + domain

REM Create public db link to the other master databses drop database link replica;
create public database link replica using 'REPLICA';

REM Create replication administrator / propagator / receiver drop user repadmin cascade;
create user repadmin identified by repadmin

        default   tablespace USERS
        temporary tablespace TEMP
        quota unlimited on USERS;

REM Grant privs to the propagator, to propagate changes to remote sites execute dbms_defer_sys.register_propagator(username=>'REPADMIN');

REM Grant privs to the receiver to apply deferred transactions grant execute any procedure to repadmin;

REM Authorise the administrator to administer replication groups execute dbms_repcat_admin.grant_admin_any_repgroup('REPADMIN');

REM Authorise the administrator to lock and comment tables grant lock any table to repadmin;
grant comment any table to repadmin;

connect repadmin/repadmin_at_redbull

REM Create private db links for repadmin drop database link replica;
create database link replica

        connect to repadmin identified by repadmin using 'replica';

REM Schedule job to push transactions to master sites

execute dbms_defer_sys.schedule_push(        -
        destination   => 'replica',        -
        interval      => 'sysdate+1/24/60',  -
        next_date     => sysdate+1/24/60,    -
        stop_on_error => FALSE,              -
        delay_seconds => 0,                  -
        parallelism   => 1);

REM Schedule job to delete successfully replciated transactions
execute dbms_defer_sys.schedule_purge(       -
        next_date     => sysdate+1/24,       -
        interval      => 'sysdate+1/24');

REM Test database link
select global_name from global_name_at_replica;

spool off

rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------
rem Filename: repdef.sql
rem Purpose: Define replication groups with replication objects rem Run on Master Definition site only. Run repprep.sql rem on all your databases before running this script.
rem Date:       03-Oct-2000
rem Author:     Frank Naude (frank_at_ibi.co.za)
rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------

set pages 50000
spool repdef

connect repadmin/repadmin_at_redbull

REM Create replication group for MASTERDEF site execute dbms_repcat.create_master_repgroup('MYREPGRP');

REM Register objects within the group
execute dbms_repcat.create_master_repobject('SCOTT', -

        'EMP', 'TABLE', gname=>'MYREPGRP');

execute dbms_repcat.make_column_group(  -
        sname => 'SCOTT',               -
        oname => 'EMP',                 -
        column_group => 'EMP_COLGRP',   -
        list_of_column_names => 'EMPNO');

execute dbms_repcat.add_update_resolution( -
        sname => 'SCOTT',               -
        oname => 'EMP',                 -
        column_group => 'EMP_COLGRP',   -
        sequence_no => 1,               -
        method => 'LATEST TIMESTAMP',   -
        parameter_column_name => 'EMPNO');

REM Add master desination sites
execute dbms_repcat.add_master_database('MYREPGRP', 'REPLICA'); ##this is the line that causes the 23375 error!

REM Generate replication support for objects within the group execute dbms_repcat.generate_replication_support('SCOTT', 'EMP', 'table');

exec dbms_repcat.resume_master_activity(gname=>'MYREPGRP');