Re: Help needed ORA_12514: TNS: listner could not resolve SERVICE_NAME

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 14 Jun 2002 04:54:23 -0700

antrixinc_at_yahoo.com (Bill Kurani) wrote in message news:<99cfe557.0206131446.7af78b29_at_posting.google.com>...
> I just installed on windows 2000 orcale 9i.
> I have spent couple of days solving the problem via online manuals
> and groups. Any help will be appreciated.
>
> I created the database called ehwdb. My services are up and
> running.
>
> If I start sqlplus I get popup window with User Name, Password
> and Host String. I am providing system, manager, mango.
>
> I get Error
> ORA_12514: TNS: listner could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in the
> connect descriptor.
>
> Here is the listener.ora
> LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File:

If you would also send us your TNSNAMES.ORA, you could have your answer right now.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.