Re: "Reasonable" Wait statistics??

From: Steve <sroesch3_at_attbi.com>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 22:23:28 -0700

hboswel1_at_bellsouth.net (Harry Boswell) wrote in message news:<3d061ff2.694762355_at_news1.lig.bellsouth.net>...
> I've done a Google search for guidelines on this, but I haven't found clear
> answers. When I check my production instance using TOAD's Server Stats, I
> see some wait stats that seem high, but are they really high? For example:
>
> db file scattered read 16264
> db_sequential_file_read 4642169
>
> dispatcher timer 4915441
>
> latch free 101389
>
> pmon timer 152556
>
> SQL*Net message from client 2429529
> SQL*Net message to client 2429496
> SQL*Net more data from client 65029
> SQL*Net more data to client 1491867
>
> virtual circuit status 2278288
>

> Are these numbers high, or is a high number to be expected?
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

Hi Harry,

this data is useless. It necessary to know in which time period these statistics were gathered. I'll propose to use statspack and run snapshots for 15 or 20 minutes.

By the way it improves the quality of the responses you get if you mention which version of ORACLE you are using.

Steve Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 00:23:28 CDT