Re: BEQ problem (was Re: Yet another TNS "could not resolve service name" problem)

From: Don Del Grande <delgrandedp_at_navsea.navy.mil>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 09:04:52 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> You did actually ever read any manual, did you?

Other than "Oracle8i: The Complete Reference", 8i manuals don't reach this far down the chain where I work. (Do you think that if we had money to throw around to give everybody who thought they needed Oracle docs a set, that I would have to post through Google?)

However, it finally dawned on me that, since (a) I could connect to the server in question through SQLPlus without problem, (b) the app in question works when my NT path points to my 8.0.4 bin directory rather than my 8.1.7 one (and only the bin directories appear in the path), and (c) there's no ODBC entry required to get the app to run, then it's obviously a miscommunication between whatever native Powerbuilder driver the app is using and whatever Oracle DLL it is trying to use. Of course, that's another question for another newsgroup.

I'll go quietly now... Received on Tue Jun 11 2002 - 11:04:52 CDT