oracle export fails by files larger than 2GB

From: Markus Böhmer <boehmerm_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:20:35 +0200

Hi Ladies,

I have a little problem.
I must make a full export of our database and the export utility always crashes after the export file has exactely 2GB. I don't understand this.
We use oracle 8.1.5 on solaris 5.8.
The operating system supports files larger that 2GB and the oracle documentation says that oracle 8.1.5 on an 64 bit operating system can handle export files larger than 2GB.

I hope anyone has a suggestion.

Greetings Markus

--
Markus Boehmer